MinaG

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Japan! April 24 Part 4 - Ueno Park

I boarded the subway to my next stop, Ueno Park, a short walk from Ueno Station. Ueno Park is huge, open to the public, and has many attractions including museums, temples, statues and sculptures, and even a zoo. From the south entrance I was greeted by the bronze statue of samurai Saigo Takamori and his cute dog. Then I wandered about, and passed the Kiyomizu Kannon Temple, the National Science Museum, and statues of researcher Hideyo Noguchi and Prince Komatsu Akihito. There is a long walkway underneath a wide tunnel of trees where cherry blossoms were blooming a few weeks before. There is space to roam about and play, with entertainers here and there, I could have spent several more hours here. It's definitely a place I would love for the family to see in the future!













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home