MinaG

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Japan! April 24 Part 3 - Senso-ji Temple, Denbou-in Garden

A short walk from the Komagata Bridge is Senso-ji, the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo. The first two photos are of Hozomon, an entrance gate leading to the temple. The third photo is of Senso-ji itself, which was originally built in 645. Denbou-in Garden is located on the same grounds, it's a beautiful hidden oasis that I happen to come across, for a small fee I was able to enter and have some quiet time with a cup of hot green tea. Exclusive to noblemen in the past, Denbou-in is now open to the public, but for only 5 weeks out of the year. I sure felt like royalty that day, looking at the gorgeous landscape with very few people around. On my way out of Senso-ji, I joined up with the crowds and browsed through the small shops filled with local souvenirs.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home