MinaG

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Japan! April 19 Part 2 - Kinkakuji Temple

It has always been a dream of mine to visit Kinkakuji, the Temple of the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto. I had seen images of it for as long as I could remember. (It has been my screen saver on my laptop computer.) So Kinkakuji was definitely on my "must-see" list for this trip. Soon after breakfast, my mom and I took a bus over to the Zen Buddhist temple on this weather-perfect day. Once in sight, you couldn't miss seeing Kinkakuji, the sun was shining and reflecting from the gold leaf covering the top two floors of the building. Although visitors cannot enter the temple, the surrounding gardens allow you to view it from many angles. (The fourth photo down is now my current screensaver.)













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home