MinaG

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Japan! April 18 Part 1 - Nara and the Deer!

The next morning my mom and I traveled from Kyoto to Nara for the day. I have fond memories of traveling to Nara with my uncle and grandmother when I was in high school, so I was really looking forward to revisiting this city. After our hour-long train ride, we arrived at the visitor's center where we picked up some maps, and were recommended to head to the Nara Prefecture Government Office, to check out the view from the top. On the way there we saw some deer. I remember my grandmother being accosted by several of these animals while she held rice crackers in her hand. So it was deja vu when a deer snagged a map out of my mom's hands and gobbled it right up. We had a good laugh about it.

We had an incredible 360 degree view of the city, we could see a pagoda, and Todaiji Temple which we would later visit up close. I strolled up ahead to the Nara New Public Hall where more deer were grazing on the huge clearing of grass. We would continue to see more deer but stayed our distance from them.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home