MinaG

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Cousin Esther


The last time I saw my cousin Esther was in the summer of 1987, when I traveled to Hawaii and Japan on my own. Esther was living with her family in Oahu at the time. Esther and I recently started corresponding, and when I heard she lived in Mountain View (close to San Jose) with her husband Dean, we coordinated a time to meet up for lunch. So wow, 22 years later, here we are! We met up at Bennigans, squeals and hugs when we first saw each other. Even though so much time has passed, there was an immediate comfort level and we chatted up a storm...

When Steve took the photo, he and Dean both noted our resemblance. We do look a lot alike!


Here is Esther with her wonderful husband Dean. What a lovely couple.


Sam was a bit camera shy but Anna was eager to pose as always.
Even though rifts may exist among other family members, it's not stopping our relationship as cousins. Family is so precious, time is so short. I'm grateful to be in touch with Esther once again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home