MinaG

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Long Beach Half-Marathon 2007

Early this year, when I heard my friend Jen signed up for the Long Beach Half-Marathon and was going solo, I thought, I want to go with her, I will have done the Disney Half-Marathon the month before, so I should be trained pretty well. So I did sign up, and here we are before 7 a.m. at the LB Convention Center.



This Long Beach race is comprised of a marathon, half-marathon, bike tour, and 5K Run/Walk. Something for everyone.


This time around, I decided to carry a water bottle on a pack, I also carried my camera but was determined to run/jog as much as I could on this flat course and save the photos for before and after. So here I am before.

I did not take photos during the race but check out this great slideshow of the scenery here.

I really enjoyed this race, more than last month's. First, we started within 10 minutes of the first runners, no waiting around. Also, the weather was great, not too warm and the occasional cool ocean breezes. Also, most everyone was running, which was very motivating, very few "traffic jams". My big fear was envisioning being swept up with the full-marathoners and being forced to run on the 26.2 mile road, but fortunately the different paths were clearly marked.



Here we are after the race, medals and all!

So, what was my time? Click here, type in my last name and click "half-marathon". (It's amazing to think people can finish a full marathon in way less time than it took me to do a half!) I'm thankful it was an enjoyable day (thanks Jen!) and my knee feels fine. I know I'll be super-sore tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger marirob said...

You are quite the Running Woman! I am in awe of your accomplishments. If you run the LA marathon, Sarita and I will ride our bikes along side the route and yell you on!

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the rob half of marirob is super impressed as well. great job. someday I wish to do the same.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home