MinaG

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Griffith Observatory and LA Zoo, Part 1

We visited the Griffith Observatory and the Los Angeles Zoo, both on the same day. It was the kids' first time visiting the observatory, and it had been at least 10 years since I had last been there. The drive up was smooth, we didn't realize how high the elevation was until we saw the sweeping views of LA below. The building is really beautiful, it had gone through major renovations a few years ago. Also, there are wonderful science exhibits inside. It was interesting to hear Sam and Steve talking about "elements" and what an element is, I saw passerbys smile as they listened in on their conversation. The Griffith Observatory is free, it does cost extra to see a planetarium show, I recommend "Centered in the Universe". I could see Steve and me visiting here again and spending time hiking on the trails below. Have I sold you on it yet?












1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Weezy Lance said...

What cool adventures and nice photo shots

 

Post a Comment

<< Home