MinaG

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Seattle in 3.5 Days, Part 1/10: Airport and Pike Place Market


On Tuesday morning we went on an early morning flight from Long Beach to Seattle, boarding the plane from the outdoors vs. an enclosed tunnel made it even more exciting for the kids.


We were in row 9, seats A-D. Steve sat with Anna and Sam on the way while I sat across the aisle (and I rode with the kids for the flight back).

We really enjoyed the flight... I may sound like a commercial here, but I have to note that JetBlue seats have great leg space, and you can't top the individual tv screens. Bring your own headphones, most standard ones seem to work with them.


Wow, we made it to the Seattle Airport! Hurray!


After we took a taxi to downtown Seattle and dropped off our bags at the hotel, we walked over to Pike Place Market.


Couldn't pass the very first Starbucks, this is the original!


There's a hubbub of activity at Pike Place, tons of vendors selling food (lots of seafood), souvenirs, and gorgeous flowers. Most of these bouquets, priced $5-$10, seemed wedding-ceremony ready!


Huge crab legs, wow!


Lots of people were milling about, shopping and gazing... the weather was sunny in the low 80's, a perfect day for going to a marketplace such as this.


These handmade colorful animals caught Sam and Anna's eyes.


Pike Place Market has several seafood stores, at this particular place we bought some jumbo shrimp and sampled smoked salmon... those oysters were tempting me!


This worker asked Anna if she'd like to pose with a fish, I answered "yes" for her and he proceeded to lift this huge fish next to Anna's face, she was a good sport about it.


Even though this nice employee said this photo op was for "kids only" I yelled for Steve to take my photo... I wasn't about to let this one go!

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger marirob said...

i can't keep up with your entries but i'll try to do better... love that you had a great time on your trip! I totally remember those bouquets - aren't they amazing?

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pike's Place Market looks like an awesome place! Even better that you got such great weather. The weather is the only thing that has stopped me from going there. By the way, I love Jet Blue...my favorite airline, and also the Long Beach airport :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home