MinaG

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

January 1st


January 1st, what an awesome day. Of course, it's Sammy's birthday. It's the first year where he's truly aware of this special day. We taught Sammy the day before that he will show 3 fingers when asked, "How old are you?"

We made him a brownie cake and Steve helped Sam blow out the candles.


January 1st is also the day my mom makes her amazing osechi ryori. While everyone was asleep at my house I went early morning to partake in the feast. Mari and Rob arrived soon after. I really should learn to make a few of these dishes.

My favorite dish is ozoni, Steve's is kimpira gobo, which is burdock root.

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger marirob said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home