MinaG

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Lunch


Yesterday the "Tsurimoto girls" (Yumi, Mari, Anna and myself) took my mom out for a Mother's Day lunch to Garlic Jo's in Newport Beach, a small restaurant chain that originated in Yokohama, Japan. Check out their menu here.

Anna and I are hamming it up at our table.


Mari is diligently pouring the sangria while we await digging into the seafood carpaccio appetizers.


Here's a shot of the shrimp pizza we ordered, minus a few pieces. Everything was excellent, there wasn't a strong pungent smell in the restaurant like you might expect, and as much garlic as there was in certain dishes, it was cooked in such a way that even cloves of garlic melted in your mouth. Other dishes we ordered included garlic steak with garlic mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and what else... garlic ice cream! The food was served family-style so we could share everything.


Even Anna, who is a very picky eater, enjoyed the bread, the pizza (minus the shrimp) and the ice cream of course.


It has been a long time since I've eaten out at a nice restaurant, it made a huge difference dining out without the baby! The lunch confirmed that:
1. I love good food!
2. The Tsurimoto girls can be big pigs!

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one of the Tsurimoto girls: "oink oink"...the food was so good, I'm ready to go again.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger marirob said...

It was so tasty. I only smelt a little bit like garlic when I got home! And I also took a nap. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home