MinaG

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mommy & Me Skirts

Here is my entry for the Sew-I-Knit blog, when Anna heard I was sewing a skirt, she asked, "Are you making one for me too?" I made a mini-pattern of my McCalls and it's pretty much falling off Anna's hips and has a wavy hem but she was happy with the results!
The fabric was $3.00 a yard, I bought 3 yards, and although I like the print it faded quite a bit after washing. I had to rip and resew the side hems because it was too tight at first! Also, I like the ribbon trim on Anna's skirt but may take it off my own. Still, it was a very fun project and I'm looking forward to sewing something new.

5 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the skirt looks good. I like the mommy & me skirts.

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, you'll have to make one for me too.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger *karen said...

Very cute!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Carol said...

so cute...do you now the pattern number for that skirt? thanks! celadoncupcake at gmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home