MinaG

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Japan! April 12 - Los Angeles to Narita to Nagoya

I'm really excited to start blogging about the amazing trip to Japan that I took with my mom. For two fabulous weeks we traveled to Takayama, Kyoto, Nara, Hakone, and Tokyo. It was a whirlwind of wonderful events. I'm so glad to have a vast collection of photos to choose from (my 1000 photos plus my mom's 1200 photos!).

First, I want to say I'm just so grateful to have such a kind and supportive husband who watched our two amazing kids while I was gone. It truly was a trip of a lifetime! I'm not going to leave anything out, so you will see lots of food photos! I will date these blog entries according when I experienced each event.

On the morning of April 12th, Steve and the kids took my mom and I to LAX for our flight to Narita Airport. It was an upbeat drive, Anna and Sam were so sweet in the car. After a quick goodbye and dropoff, my mom and I had McDonald's in the terminal before our plane took off.

The 10-hour flight left around noon, and with the time difference I stayed awake on the plane and had an "extra long day". The airline we used, ANA, had great service and I enjoyed the senbei and green tea snack, and curry rice and soba dinner. The lasagna and yogurt (breakfast?) was an interesting pairing. I especially liked the personal console with a/v charger, remote, and touch-screen on which I watched 4 movies: The Descendants, Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol, New Year's Eve, and the Terminal.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Kim said...

These pictures are great! So glad you and your Mom got to take this trip...can't wait to see more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home