MinaG

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Fancy First Birthday Party


When my friend Hanna invited me to her daughter Ashley's first birthday party, I asked if my family could come as well. She said, "Sure". Little did I know that this was not your run-of-the-mill bounce-house, pinata, party-bag affair. It was a more formal, sit-down luncheon, flowers, pro-photographer, the works. Wow.


I had read about formal 1st birthdays in the Chinese culture, but I thought that this was practiced only in China! And Hanna is of Korean descent. Excuses, excuses... I guess the locale printed on the invitation, a country club in Buena Park, should have been an obvious hint. Well, our family got a good laugh, and we were probably chuckled at as well, with Anna and Steve both in shorts and tees, while there were several guests in ties and dresses.

Anna said, "From now on I will always wear a dress at birthday parties." Anyway, Ashley's party was lovely, the food was delicious, the slide show was excellent, and the party gift was an embroidered hand towel. It was a memorable party to say the least.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger marirob said...

hey, wherever the goellers are, that's where the party is! i'm sure you all had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home