MinaG

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Corona Del Mar Tide Pools



Earlier this month Anna and I went to Corona Del Mar beach with the Gabbi and Olivia and family, south of the main beach there are tide pools that are accessible by foot down a windy paved road.


On this day there was a friendly park volunteer to inform visitors to step on the dry rocks only, the wet areas are filled with shells and sea creatures, sea anemones, sea urchin, fish, hermit crabs to name a few.


I almost remember coming on a field trip to these tide pools when I was in grade school. The expanse to explore is great when it is low tide.


Rachel and I took an extended hike beyond the cliff you see over my shoulder, my legs felt sore for days afterwards.


On the way back to our cars, we passed by some lovely homes and landscaping. It would be nice to relocate here, but we are fortunate to have this so nearby.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger marirob said...

so lovely to spend time at the beach in october!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home